Hello friends, let's talk about weddings . By wedding I would like to keep our discussion restricted to Bengali ones which I find truly idiotic. Why I find them so will be explained later but first let me know how you feel about them .
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Please write some reasons supporting your argument, but from my viewpoint I can say that, marriage is the union of two souls - Its a life long commitment, but in our bengali wedding system, the bride-grooms have very little to do, except following the rituals and the orders of their parents. Even there are many parents who want to accompany their son and daughter-in law when they plan to go for honeymoon. This is utterly ridiculous. Registry marriage should be considered as a true marriage.
jokhon choto chilam tokhon biye mane chilo khaoa ebong anondo.....jokhon koishore ashi tokhon biye mane chilo notun kono mukh othoba kono achena drishti........aj kichudin bade amar ek bondhur biye hocche je school e amar sange porto....ebar kintu anekkhani dwattio ebong tar sathe ek sundor bhalolaga......eto katha bola jar jonyo...somoy er sange manusher drishti bhongi palte jay.....duti manusher paribarik somporko ek onusthaner modhye diye samaje swikrito kora....amader kothay biye.....ami jani ke ki mone kore...amar mone hoy biye hoyto notun kore abar karur notun jibon suru...jate thakbe prothome anondo...tarpor kono kishorir chokhe chokh rakha....amader jibone ek onoswikarjo ongo......biye.
ki boka boka topic
Bengali weddings are truly very idiotic. It's idiotic because, to start with, it's essentially male-biased with the guy getting the better part of the cake.
2ndly, people perform rituals without ever bothering to find out their meanings .
3rdly, as far as gifts are concerned, they should be banned immediately. See if you want to waste your hard-earned money ,there's no one to stop you. But please don't compel others to burn a hole in their pockets on the 27th of a month.
Well,to begin with,bengali weddings are really not bad and not certainly idiotic.Let me explain why:
1. Various countries follow various religions and beliefs.Therefore,when bengali weddings take place,obviously religious beliefs come into play and therefore such weddings are performed in such a massive and glamorous way.
2. Secondly,not only bengali weddings, but all indian weddings are more or less performed in such way.
3. Thirdly,if you follow different wedding patterns all over the world, you will find that in almost all weddings religious beliefs are the basis.Otherwise,man and woman would just choose each other and live together.
4. Fourthly,the indian laws do not recognise the living together of man and woman as their being married(kindly refer Hindu Law books).
5. Fifthly,kindly call me up for more knowledge on indian laws regarding marriage.I do not give advice free of cost(not even to relatives).
6. Your brain seems tired.Go for a walk.
@ Soumya
I would prefer not to discuss religion but if you insist, I guess I have got to answer you.
Well , I agree that weddings have their origin in religious practices , but now that we have become enlightened and sophisticated , don't you think it's high time to put religion aside move on with our lives??
2. Maybe all Indian weddings perform the same rituals but since I'm Bengali, I wanted the discussion to narrow and restrict itself .
3.yes man and women should start living together without such ado and grandeur.
4. I am not against marriage, all I want to say is why waste so much money on stupid rituals and lavish treats?
5.
debolina di tomai scrap korte na pere ekhane likhlam. Tumi hothat amai delete kore dile keno?
Hi,
Why are u just restricting the comments to bengali marriage...all marriages are the same...dowry,rituals etc are all same in the marriage.....this is nt fair to just restrict to one thing...u r an Indian then also u just want to be a bengali only....
Garima , I wrote about Bengali weddings because honestly I don't know about the non-Bengali marriages. In Bengali marriages there are certain practices that are highly derogatory. That's why I de3cided to protest about them.
Post a Comment